Pat Larrys Cottage is Situated approximately two miles from the small village of Greencastle and within 30 minutes driving distance to nearby towns of Omagh and Cookstown.
There are various local attractions within walking distance of the cottage:
Since the cottage is situated on a traditional working farm guests can have access to the farm with the option of experiencing the day to day activities on the farm such as feeding lambs, hens and calves and holding baby chicks.
- Guests also have fishing opportunities at the adjacent Owenkillen river. The Owenkillew River is a designated ASSI (Area of Special Scientific Interest) and it is especially noted for its substantial numbers of Fresh Water Pearl Mussels.
- The surrounding rugged countryside provides plenty of opportunity for those who enjoy walking or cycling or simply want to take in the natural beauty and silence of the area.
- The Ogham Standing Stone at Aughascribba and Dun Ruadh in Crock are major and Internationally recognized Archaeological Sites and virtually within site of Pat Larry’s.
- The Greencastle 5 Mile Run will also be taking place around boxing day.
- Greencastle offers a wide variety of delicious food destinations such as the Castle Chippy and the Greencastle Centra which offers hot food and take-away coffee. Or why not check out Eddie’s Bar for a drink in a friendly traditional atmosphere.